Where are you following yourself? Have you gotten so used to playing mind games that you've lost track of how much you're actually doing it?
In this week's #WritingPrompt I want you to explore where you're cutting yourself short. Where are you playing small?
Before writing today, doing something to calm your mind and to clear the way for your soul to speak to you. This can be as simple as shutting out all distraction, shaking your limbs free of any tension, and/or taking 5 deep calming breaths while saying the following in your mind:
- On the in-breath: "I Love You < insert your name >"
- On the out-breath: "I am open to receiving my soul's wisdom."
Now get quiet and ready to let your soul's voice answer these questions openly and honestly without your censorship. Just write whatever comes to you.
1. What's wrong with me?
2. What do I really want?
3. Where/when/how have I stopped working towards that?
4. What am I telling myself in an effort to stay small in my life?
5. Is that really true, or am I just afraid?
6. What am I afraid of?
7. What is the worst case scenario?
8. What is the best solution or reaction to that scenario?
9. How do I need to shift my thinking to move forward?
10. What is one step I can take today?
11. What is one sentence I can repeat that will help me to keep moving forward?
12. What's right with me?
Use this process for each and every dream you've told yourself is impossible.
Use it for every problem that doesn't have an obvious answer.
The more you use this process, the more you'll become aware of how your limiting thoughts are a mind-game you play with yourself in order to keep the status-quo rather than going for a life you feel you don't deserve right now.
Over time, that feeling will change. You will come to realize that you deserve everything you desire.... and so much more. Better still, you'll realize that you're capable of achieving far more than even you can conceptualize right now.
#WritingPromptWednesday is a self-paced, self-directed writing challenge by #AmmoArtworks that encourages you to examine self-awareness topics affecting mindset and perspective. There is no reporting, posting or submitting to anyone. It is your private process and your personal process, so you're accountable only to yourself. For previous “WritingPrompts” see blog posts: www.ammoartworks.com/blog